Monday, August 08, 2005

Dealing with an Angry Idiot

The other day I was chatting online in the Giants’ forum when someone came in and started ranting about San Francisco being full of gays. He was trying to bait a fit out of someone, so I turned it around on him. I told him the only reason he was upset about that was because it tantalized him. He was ashamed of his own interest in homosexuality. It only disgusted him, I said, because he was disgusted with himself. He flipped, called me a string of nasty names, questioned my orientation and then got out as quick as he could. The only other guy in the room laughed his ass off. It felt good to send that bully back where he came from angrier than when he came in, and maybe he’ll even realize that I’m right: He is in the closet.

(And now my own bigotry has me wanting to state my heterosexuality loudly and clearly. I've got a wife and two children! I love sports! Just when you think you know yourself.... Oh well.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home